Sunday, March 14, 2010

Improv: Weekend Fried Rice

We got a new lens (50mm Prime 1.8f) for our camera (Nikon D90)  and I just couldn't wait to test it out.  I had some left over meat that I used for the Lumpia Sanghai.  I also had steamed white rice left over from eating Mechado and I just had some green onions and eggs in my refrigerator.  Since this a cooking improv, this doesn't count towards my once a week cooking plan.  


Ingredients
  • Left over seasoned meat (pork & shrimp)
  • Left over steamed white rice
  • One egg
  • Green Onions
  • Crushed Garlic
Directions

Sauté garlic.



Cook the meat.


When meat is cooked, add the rice.



Mix vigorously, then add scrambled egg and green onions!



All done and ready to serve (or in my case, pack it in a lunch box for work).  I think I should've added some soy sauce. but I realized it wasn't a problem since the meat I used for the lumpia was already seasoned.  However if I was using unseasoned meat, adding soy sauce to the party shouldn't be too bad.

My pictures were a little blurry, since the lens I used was really for portraits.  I definitely need practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment